• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 89 image used in an unexpected video

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This video popped up in Youtube:
The Collapse of World Trade Center | The Complete Physics
13:32 they've strengthened the concrete walls
13:34 using tieback cables the engineers were
13:37 able to locate a strong bedrock at a
13:39 depth of seven Stories the concrete
13:41 foundation of this building progressed
13:43 from there the engineers called this New
13:45 Foundation Technology a bathtub
13:48 interestingly the bathtub Foundation
13:50 also accommodated two tunnels this
13:52 strong Foundation was the main reason
13:54 why the impact force of such a gigantic
13:56 airplane couldn't topple the building
The tunnels the video refers to are subway tunnels (WTC Cortlandt station on line 1); to illustrate this, they used an image of a Class 89 locomotive in InterCity livery.
1697362384617.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Strathclyder

Established Member
This video popped up in Youtube:

The tunnels the video refers to are subway tunnels (WTC Cortlandt station on line 1); to illustrate this, they used an image of a Class 89 locomotive in InterCity livery.
View attachment 144820
I watched this video around the time of the anniversary, and this threw me for a loop for a second when I first saw it. The history of the railway/subway network in and around the WTC site (and Lower Manhattan generally) is fascinating, the post-9/11 recovery and rebuilding is a remarkable chapter in that story.

I'm going to wager somebody just searched up train on SketchFab and grabbed something at random.
Certainly the case, although this model would've been a better fit. Not 100% accurate at all, but it doesn't really have to be: it's more than sufficent as a visual aid.

Speed43125

I thought in the spirit of this thread I'd just add this video I came across which appears to use a Class 66 (or continental equivalent) as the
Locomotive of Kim Jong Un's personal train.

Speed43125

More like a Class 20 I'd say. Did they ever run with snow ploughs?
Sorry, the thumbnail is completely different to the video. The train shown as soon as the video starts is the one I'm thinking of. It even looks like it might be debranded Freightliner Green.

HarryF

I belive it was Goldeneye (1995) where a class 20 was disguised as a Soviet Missile train, and I think it was filmed at the Nene Valley Railway near Peterborough.

D365

Veteran Member
Given that Brush Tractionbuilt the Eurotunnel ‘Shuttle’ locos and the Class 92s. A Class 89 isn’t a huge stretch.

It’s certainly not as drastic as the MP for Derby North using images of a Class 707 (German built) rather then a Bombardier-Alstom unit on their Conservative campaigning materials!