• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 91 features in new 118 118 advert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ryan125hst

Established Member
"Carrying the nation"

It features from around 0:44 - 0:49

Looks interesting :lol:

It looks very realistic, particularly the detail on the front. How was it created do you think? It obviously isn't a real Class 91!. A cardboard model perhaps?
The only problem with it is the fact that it is in an unbranded GNER livery which hasn't been seen since December 2007!

I like the Mark 4 carriage behind it as well.

Harbon 1

It looks very realistic, particularly the detail on the front. How was it created do you think? It obviously isn't a real Class 91!. A cardboard model perhaps?
The only problem with it is the fact that it is in an unbranded GNER livery which hasn't been seen since December 2007!

I was thinking exactly that, although the pantograph looks a little far forward of where it should be in real life. And apart from the livery, a very realistic mock up! Well done whoever constructed it!

starrymarkb

Established Member

TBH I suspect they would rather have a 'neutral' colour scheme like former GNER then give the impression they endorse a current operator...

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
For those who can't see the video, here's a screen shot of a frame:

Attachments

• xmas.jpg
    xmas.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 59

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
That's an impressive model - unusual to see such attention to detail, especially for such a brief clip in an advert.

Established Member
I would suspect it's CGI.

Theres an advertising billboard for the same 118 campaign at Manchester Victoria, and the train has magically become a HST.

Crossover

Established Member
It is a very good replica :)

Best not give people in some parts of the country any ideas though...may give a whole new meaning to joyriding :P

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
It's not good enough for CGI imo (too many errors), but for a model of that size I'd say it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.