• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 91 speed selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do 91s still have cruise control or has that been removed?
I've just been asked this via PM and thought I'd post my answer here in case it is of interest to others too.

The 91 has a speed selector. You select your target speed and then apply the desired amount of power. The train will then accelerate up to the target speed providing enough power is supplied. It will then hold the train at this speed until you change the target speed, brake, or reduce power.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Depends how much power is available. It'll try to maintain speed if there's enough, otherwise the train will being to slow down until you adjust the power or reach the top. Stoke summit is a killer for this.

Julian G

Established Member
91119 said:
Do 91s still have cruise control or has that been removed?
I've just been asked this via PM and thought I'd post my answer here in case it is of interest to others too.

The 91 has a speed selector. You select your target speed and then apply the desired amount of power. The train will then accelerate up to the target speed providing enough power is supplied. It will then hold the train at this speed until you change the target speed, brake, or reduce power.
Does this apply to the DVTs as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.