• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
HOLD CALLED

It is useful to keep an eye on what the journey preamble states, as after the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, the next line is the Manchester and Leeds Railway.

Therefore any posting made after Weaste needs to be struck-through and the journey continued heading towards Manchester.

Calthrop

Established Member
HOLD CALLED

Have a look at the journey preamble, as from Miles Platting, we head to the Stalybridge area on the Ashton, Stalybridge and Liverpool Junction Railway.

Postings of Newton Heath and Middleton Junction need to be struck-through.
Me and this area ! I really feel that I'd better take a little rest from this Journey :frown: .

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We next move to Wales for the next journey.....

This is number 1616 in the series so far.....

The journey starts at the closed station of Denbigh
It follows the line of the Vale of Clwyd Railway
It then follows the line of the Chester and Holyhead Railway...via Prestatyn (1st station)
It then follows the line of the Birkenhead Joint Railway...via Mickle Trafford
It then follows the line of the Warrington and Altrincham Junction Railway...via Warrington Arpley
It then follows the line of the Stockport, Timperley and Altrincham Junction Railway...via Baguley
It then follows the line of the LNWR Stockport to Stalybridge Line...via Heaon Norris
It then follows the line of the Great Central Railway Main Line...via Dukinfield Dog Lane...via the Chesterfield loop line
The journey ends at the closed station of Waddesdon Manor

The first closed station on this journey is Denbigh