• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
I'm far from certain about this one -- and I live in Birmingham, heaven help us: but I'll try Coleshill (2nd station)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I'm far from certain about this one -- and I live in Birmingham, heaven help us: but I'll try Coleshill (2nd station)
I think the currently open Coleshill Parkway railway station was built on the same site of the station that you have named above.

Heading towards the Birmingham area, the next closed station will be....

Water Orton (1st station)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Soho Road
I think that Soho followed after Winson Green on the LNWR Stour Valley Line, then the open station of Smethwick Rolfe Street from where would then access the LNWR Soho Junction to Perry Barr Junction Line, on which there came your closed station of Soho Road. Therefore the next closed station on that line will be that of....

Handsworth Wood

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We next move to Scotland for the next journey.....

This is number 1614 in the series so far.....

The journey starts at the closed station of Greenock Princes Pier
It follows the line of the Greenock and Ayrshire Railway
It then follows the line of the Bridge of Weir Railway...via Bridge of Weir
It then follows the line of the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway..via Milliken Park (1st station)...via Bogside
It then follows the line of the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway...via Cumnock
It then follows the line of the Caledonian Railway Main Line...via Gretna
It then follows the line of the MR Settle to Carlisle Line...via Scotby
It then follows the line of the Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe and West Riding Railway...via Newsholme...note 1st and 2nd stations
It then follows the line of the Blacburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway...via Blackburn Bolton Road
It then follows the line of the Bolton and Preston Railway...via Lostock Lane
It then follows the line of the Lancashire Union Railway...via Heapey
It then follows the line of the Blackburn and Preston Railway...via Hoghton Tower
It then follows the line of the Preston and Longridge Railway...via Maudland Bridge
The journey ends at the closed station of Longridge

The first closed station on this journey is Greenock Princes Pier