• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
We've missed Foulridge
I came back to the game just before 2300 hours: with my mistake [apologies !] thus pointed out, I was in process of endeavouring to "do things properly" by striking out my Bott Lane Halt; was going to re-post it in proper place -- it just so happened that right then, @DerekC , you posted Reedley Hallows Halt as above. Anyhow, "we know what we mean", and the proper sequence !

Reedley Hallows Halt

New Hall Bridge Halt

Calthrop

Established Member
Great Harwood is the final closed station

Aka Snuffy Harrod

(My italics) -- I thought for a moment, that this was the "Cryptic clues -- station name" game, and we were faced with an anagram; then I Googled -- new fascinating fact !

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Message to all contributors

I have just returned home from hospital (Monday morning 09:20) from where I have been in an observation ward since last Friday mid-afternoon. I have not been able to access any internet in that time.

I will launch the next new journey within the hour, but I want first to see what awaits me in my inbox.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We next move to Scotland for the next journey.....

This is number 1638 in the series so far.....

The journey starts at the closed station of Kingsmuir
It follows the line of the Dundee and Forfar Direct Line
It then follows the line of the Dundee and Arbroath Railway...via West Ferry
It then follows the line of the Dundee and Perth Railway...via Magdalen Green
It then follows the line of the Scottish Central Railway...via Forgadenny
It then follows the line of the Caledonian Railway Main Line...via Gleboig...note 1st and 2nd stations
It then follows the line of the Border Union Railway...via Port Carlisle Junction
It then follows the line of the Border Counties Railway...via Saughtree
It then follows the line of the Hexham and Allendale Railway...via Elrington Halt
The journey ends at the closed station of Allendale

The first closed station on this journey is Kingsmuir