• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The only rail-related item that I am aware of with the name of Lonlas is in fact a junction called Lonlas Junction, which is situated in the Llansamlet area on the line that we are currently on, the South Wales Railway, that leads to the Swansea District Lines.

There was a closed station in that area which was situated 720 metrs to the west of the currently open Llansamlet station called Llansamlet North that was opened by the Great Western Railway in 1885 and was closed in 1964.

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
This is a complex area. The reference I have was certainly to a station located on the South Wales Main Line, not to the Lonlas Junction on the Swansea District, although the two were not far apart. However at present I only have one reference to it, which I will pursue further. For now I will delete it, so I think we can move on to:

Landore High Level