• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Club Avanti

williamn

Yes its a very poorly constructed scheme, though I'm not complaining about my free standard premium and first class tickets. Of course with split ticketing I got there rather faster than planned! But yes, there's little point in retaining a status when there don't seem to be any benefits other than the free ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

styles

Yeah the 'tiers' don't mean anything. I did wonder if they added them anticipating that they might offer different perks for different tiers in future.. or if it's just a marketing gimmick. I'd have thought most people who actually seek out frequent flyer-style schemes would see through it, but then, I don't work in marketing.

I've enjoyed my free first class tickets so far. Most annoying side of it though is finding eligible journeys to actually use them on. It's sometimes hard to force the Avanti journey planner to show longer connections for Avanti-only services.

Leisurefirst

Yeah the 'tiers' don't mean anything. I did wonder if they added them anticipating that they might offer different perks for different tiers in future.. or if it's just a marketing gimmick. I'd have thought most people who actually seek out frequent flyer-style schemes would see through it, but then, I don't work in marketing.

I've enjoyed my free first class tickets so far. Most annoying side of it though is finding eligible journeys to actually use them on. It's sometimes hard to force the Avanti journey planner to show longer connections for Avanti-only services.
Thanks both for the replies
I just don't know what I can/shouldn't expect next "year" after reaching the top tier this year?
Do I get another Premium Return after 9 journeys and a First Return after 21...?????
Or just one?
Or neither...?!

styles

Your qualifying journeys reset to 0 at the start of each club year. So after your 9 journeys after the start of that year, you'll get the standard premium ticket.

The 'tier' means nothing.