• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coffee shops Burton on Trent/Tamworth?

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Is there anywhere to get a hot drink and a snack at either Tamworth or Burton on Trent stations please? Googling gave me inconsistent results.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Tamworth has a coffee shop. Same localish chain at many wcml south stations. Average fare, above average costs.

Russel

At Tamworth Morrisons is just 5mins up the road, turn right out of the station, up the ring road and it's on your left

I'd recommend Morrisons over the cafe at the station in Tamworth, the station cafe always has a awful burnt food smell coming from it every time I walk past, if you wait in the seating area opposite the ticket office for more than a few minutes the smell sticks to your clothes all day.

There is also the world famous Spud Man about 10 minutes from the station... alternatively if the queue is too long Greggs is 30 seconds from him!

satisnek

Naff all in Burton. Full Stop!
There is a 'Station News' on the side of the street level station building and I think I've been in there since Covid, but I'm not sure if it's still open and if it is, whether it does hot drinks. But otherwise, if you want a hot drink to take on the train, yeah, you're stuffed. There's a Sainsbury's (no cafe, that's now the local Argos) down the road just before you hit the town centre, less than 10 minutes walk but seems more like half an hour (Burton's like that), or alternatively turn left outside the station and left again opposite the Town Hall for a tatty independent convenience store/post office which is a bit nearer.
It’s not far from the Coopers Tavern though!
Quite frankly, you're better off going to the slightly nearer Devonshire Arms (Burton Bridge + Bass + guests). Both pubs have changed hands in recent years, the Devvie for the better and the Cooper's for worse!