• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colas Rail Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaun

I have also just received confirmation date for stage 2 [12/11/2013] having received a notification email of passing stage 1 last week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnm101

I to am yet to hear back with a pass/fail response. It now appears obvious that the ones who have passed have been informed and the ones who have failed have not heard back yet as they are concentrating there efforts on sending out the emails to potential recruits, so do not require a sense of urgency in letting the failures know, unless there is anyone on here that can confirm that they have received a failure email reply already?

mickeyjenson!

I have not heard either like you say though its becoming quite clear that those who have passed have found out and those who have failed will be last to hear.

Rhaun

When did you receive your email was it today

I received the email notifying of a pass on 01/11/2013. The email requested that I detail a preferred date for stage 2 which I responded to on the same day. Today I have received an email confirming the stage 2 date as previously stated.

Best of luck to all still waiting to hear and for those who know they are attending stage 2. Fingers crossed this shall be the light at the end of the tunnel for me!

Wax1210

I received the email notifying of a pass on 01/11/2013. The email requested that I detail a preferred date for stage 2 which I responded to on the same day. Today I have received an email confirming the stage 2 date as previously stated.

Best of luck to all still waiting to hear and for those who know they are attending stage 2. Fingers crossed this shall be the light at the end of the tunnel for me!

Thanks best of luck in stage 2 its clear ive failed

Rocombe11

Thanks best of luck in stage 2 its clear ive failed

You may not have failed, I had my DM interview yesterday, and one the guys said that they were putting 30 through to Watford. And that they would be interviewing them (if successful?) after. The start date would be early January so they really need to complete the interview process fairly quickly. But that is not say you have failed, others may have just scored higher at stage 1 and if there are not enough suitable candidates after interview they may go down the list to the next best and put them through stage 2. I think they are hoping to fill with qualifieds and trainees are the second option. They want 65 drivers and upto 21 may be trainees. Just my tuppence.

Last edited:

benno79

Thanks for the info rocombe11, where did you have your interview? How do you think it went?

Rocombe11

Thanks for the info rocombe11, where did you have your interview? How do you think it went?

The interview was in Rugby, although I was previously offered Swindon as the venue. As to how it went I am going to assume I failed and get on with life-FLHH made me wait 5 weeks to put me on a waiting list and it was a loooonnnngggg 5 weeks.

anthony263

Established Member
Well I have yet to hear anything so far.

Best of luck to everyone who has gotten to stage 2.

I have started working for Iceland again which is great although I do hope to eventually get a job as a train driver.

Wax1210

You may not have failed, I had my DM interview yesterday, and one the guys said that they were putting 30 through to Watford. And that they would be interviewing them (if successful?) after. The start date would be early January so they really need to complete the interview process fairly quickly. But that is not say you have failed, others may have just scored higher at stage 1 and if there are not enough suitable candidates after interview they may go down the list to the next best and put them through stage 2. I think they are hoping to fill with qualifieds and trainees are the second option. They want 65 drivers and upto 21 may be trainees. Just my tuppence.

I recieved email saying i failed never mind always another time thanks for your reply all the best everyone in your future job search

Jayo

Did you do the new style Stage 2 assessments? 2HAND, ATAVT, WAFV, the SJE, WCT and the Multi-modal Interview?

Do you find out on the day if you've passed Stage 2 or is it another 1 - 2 weeks wait?

Thanks.

Last edited:

bolli

Just had an email inviting me to the second stage, however, without a date due to limited space in the assesment centre.

So that seems to be the cause of the hold up...

Rocombe11

Did you do the new style Stage 2 assessments? 2HAND, ATAVT, WAFV, the SJE, WCT and the Multi-modal Interview?

Do you find out on the day if you've passed Stage 2 or is it another 1 - 2 weeks wait?

Thanks.

No, I passed the old tests and you normally have to wait for your result. I would have thought that as Colas is working on a tight schedule you will find out sooner rather then later that you have passed, if you fail the Tocs/FOCs don't seem to be in a hurry to tell you.

nick40uk

Just had an email today from Colas. Had to chase them up as I hadn't heard anything. Turns out they'd accidentally missed me off the email list.

I got through Stage 1 and have been invited to attend Stage 2 but there aren't any places at the moment.

Pleased to get through so hopefully won't have too long to wait until a place opens up

mark07

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has heard from colas regarding stage 2?

Also how did you think you got on with the interview?

benno79

I haven't heard anything yet, they said it could be up to two weeks before we hear anything. As for the interview who knows, I've never done an interview in that style before so I've nothing to compare it to.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just got the thanks but no thanks email, did wonder about the mmi.
Try again in six months I guess, never mind.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Good luck to everyone that has got through to the dm interviews.

Last edited:

benno79

Yes post stage two, yeah I passed the tests in the morning and got to sit the mmi in the afternoon. I didn't feel over confident with the mmi but then I thought I'd failed the tests in the morning. I'll ring for feedback tomorrow. I assume if you haven't heard anything you have probably passed and they will be sending out the dm invites shortly.

Rhaun

I have not heard anything post stage 2 yet. I took part on the Tuesday.

Your thoughts re if we haven't heard then we have likely past would be at odds with the previous trend. Previously those that had past were informed first, then the fail emails went out. Not sure what to think, but am anticipating the worst.

Sorry to hear your news though fella. Best of luck with your future attempts!

benno79

Thanks I appreciate it. I was there on Wednesday, yes as you say they did seem to let the successful candidates know first after stage one, I remember we got emails at the same time. Therefore I can only assume that as you are still to hear you have had a more successful outcome.

I'm just looking forward to getting some feedback now, I also have an application in with db schenker but can only assume that if my results were not to the standard colas require it will be the same for them.

If I ever get the chance to sit the mmi again at least I will know what to expect. I hope you hear something positive soon.

wills

Half of me is wondering whether to post this as I really don't want to seem like I am rubbing it in peoples faces :roll:

I have just had a phone call from Colas HR to let me know that I have successfully passed stage 2 and I have been invited to an interview next week. I guess this means if you have not had an e-mail you will be getting a phone call instead!!

I am shocked and excited all at the same time but very happy I have passed! :lol:

Rhaun

Congratulations Wills.

I share your sentiment. I have also received a call from Colas HR informing me that I have passed stage 2. Interview next Thursday in Rugby.

Am very pleased to have got through the assessments and the MMI!

Best of luck to those that passed, and my sincerest sympathies to those that have not made it.

benno79

Well done guys, I just heard I failed on one question so I can't resit for six months. Best of luck for the dm interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.