• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coleshill Parkway - London Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt47

Hi

Myself and a friend want to travel from Coleshill Parkway to London Euston over the christmas period. We have a two together railcard. Our intended travel dates are December 27th, returning on December 30th.

I have seen that there is a super off peak return for £14.50 (fare-setter London Midland), however I have noticed that all the journey planners don't seem to allow direct travel between Coleshill parkway and Nuneaton, then onto Euston.

The current route they are proposing is Coleshill to New Street, New Street to Tamworth and then Tamworth to London Euston. This is taking about 4 hours!! I find this odd because that's not the most direct route.

Is there some sort of restriction with using this ticket with a railcard between Coleshill and Nuneaton? I have noticed that the slightly higher priced ticket of £22.45 (fare setter virgin west coast) does allow direct travel.

I am missing something obvious? Any answers to this query would be appreciated.

Many thanks...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Only reason I can think of is engineering work but it only appears to be in the Stafford area

You can force the journey planner to go via Nuneaton by asking to avoid New St (BHM) but the LM journey planner only throws the £34 super off peak return (undiscounted) and Any Permitted Route.

As a Super Off Peak return surely it would be valid by any permitted route subject to TOC (XC/LM) restrictions.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
This has come up before - even though what's printed on the ticket is "LM AND XC ONLY", there's a hidden restriction in the electronic data used by booking engines that says the journey has to go via Tamworth. In practice of course you will be totally fine to take the obvious route changing at Nuneaton.

muug1982

I use the off peak equivalent ticket in the direct route via Nuneaton semi-regularly and have never had any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.