• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coleshill Parkway to Chelmsford

Status
Not open for further replies.

muug1982

I hold an Off Peak Return from Coleshill Parkway to Chelmsford (£80.90) - restriction code 2C

For the return journey from Chelmsford I understand the following:
  • I can travel on any train from Chelmsford to London, as the restrictions are on departures from London Terminals, e.g. take a 8:30am ish train from Chelmsford
  • i can break my journey and spend the day in London.
  • I can use the cross London Transfer to travel from Liverpool Street to Paddington (Elizabeth line)
  • i could resume my journey at Euston, using PAYG for any additional London journeys.
can somebody confirm that I have got that correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
It looks correct to me; if we assume that usual London Underground cross-London validity rules (in particular, using a reasonable route) apply to making your cross-London journey on Elizabeth Line, someone might argue that exiting at Paddington is not a reasonable route, but they'd be wrong as London to Coleshill Parkway is permitted from Paddington via Reading.

JBuchananGB

It might be easier to change onto the Elizabeth Line at Stratford. Simple walk from platform 9 to platform 5. But I am not familiar with the change at Liverpool Street from main line to Elizabeth line.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
It might be easier to change onto the Elizabeth Line at Stratford. Simple walk from platform 9 to platform 5. But I am not familiar with the change at Liverpool Street from main line to Elizabeth line.
The change at Liverpool Street is via the main entrance to the Underground station, and straight ahead at the top of the Central Line escalators.

Even if you're at the front of the train on arrival, it's a good five minutes platform to platform.

muug1982

Thanks. Google Maps suggests changing at Stratford as well, so I’ll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.