• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coleshill Parkway - Wimbledon (5th Sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muug1982

Quick bit of advice, this is a corporate journey, so cost isn't as important as convenience, but would appreciate some advice on best route etc, and cheapest journey that doesn't incur significant additional time.

I hold a Market Harborough - Luton Airport Parkway Season Ticket and have Oyster PAYG.

Need to travel tomorrow (Weds 5th Sept):
Journey 1: Coleshill Parkway - London (eventual destination is between Warren Street and Great Portland Street) need to be there for 10am.
Journey 2: Onward travel to Wimbledon
Journey 3: Wimbledon to Luton Airport Parkway - after 4pm.

There are clearly lots of options, with travelcards, PAYG and boundary zone tickets all possibilities.

The best combination I've come up with is:
07:35 Coleshill Parkway - Leicester
08:18 or 08:25 Leicester - London

Using a Coleshill - Market Harborough Anytime RTN (24.50) and my season ticket...but wasn't sure of the best ticket for the last section of the journey. A day travelcard from LTN is £31.00, which might be easiest. If I've interpreted the NRCoC correctly, this would be valid on the non-stop services from Leicester.

Other routes via Birmingham or Nuneaton are signifiacntly more expensive, as my season has no validity on the WCML. There is also no real time benefit.

Would appreciate a sanity check of my logic, and also recommendations of the many journey options to and from Wimbledon. I know there are direct services, but they are very slow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

benk1342

You could buy an Off-Peak Day Travelcard (1-3) for £7.70, and a Luton Airport Parkway - Boundary Zone 3 (or Hendon) Anytime Day Return for £18.00, for a total of £25.70. This is no less convenient from a travelling standpoint but is less convenient from a purchasing standpoint.

muug1982

I think I'll be in the Zones before 9:30 though so I'd need the Anytime travelcard presumably (£10.70)

Status
Not open for further replies.