• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collecting any Anytime Return ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengolding

I've booked a First Anytime Return ticket on the Virgin website from Euston to Birmingham. I was hoping to travel out today, but change in plans mean I will travel out tomorrow.

As I understand it, the outward portion is now valid fro 5 days. Does this mean that I can still collect my ticket from the FastTicket machine at Euston tomorrow, even though my planned outward journey was today?

I think I was able to collect old Open tickets a few days after validity but I just want to be sure on this, so as not to hjave to buy another £200+ ticket!

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mathmo

I can't answer your question, but Anytime tickets are refundable (minus a £10 admin fee) so you'd only lose £10 if the answer is no.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes you can (unless they have changed the system which would make no sense). I have had the misfortune of collecting tickets after they were valid, because the tickets were not worth refunding and then entering my card (to collect some other tickets) produced the (now useless) tickets without me entering the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.