• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Combining travelcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
I'm currently working on night shift at Gatwick Airport,for which I have a weekly travelcard season between Gatwick and zones 5-6. Tomorrow night I'm going to the QPR match before going straight to work. Presumably a zone 1-4 day travelcard coupled with my weekly is a valid combination to go straight from London to Gatwick. Would this combination be valid on the Gatwick Express from Victoria?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Yes, that is legal on two accounts, as both tickets are zonal and one is a season and the other is not.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely valid on all trains, including the Gatwick Express route operated by Southern which as you say runs non-stop but there is no requirement at all for the train to stop anywhere between Gatwick and London.

If you have any problems using this, please ask for the reasons, get the name of the person, make a note of all the information and then contact me and I will be very happy to assist in proof reading to get a letter sent to the operator of the Gatwick Express, Southern.

So far, everyone who has had valid tickets rejected on the Gatwick Express, who has then let us know, has had all their money refunded in full (plus more) by Southern, so if you are incorrectly charged do not worry we will assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.