• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commercial Guard Training SWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshP86

Hey all,

So I'm starting my commercial guard training at Basingstoke on 30th November.

Does anyone know what to expect.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chumba

Hey all,

When did you pass your interview? A friend passed her interview in January but was told no Immediate vacancies and would hear around April/May with an estimated start date end of the year, but then COVID happened, so she’s still waiting to hear.

AshP86

I passed mine in November 2019, they are apparently working through the back log of applicants but it's slower as class sizes are smaller. Tell her keep the faith. It'll happen

Chumba

I passed mine in November 2019, they are apparently working through the back log of applicants but it's slower as class sizes are smaller. Tell her keep the faith. It'll happen
Thanks hopefully not too long for her now then :D

J3053B

Hey all,

Probably how to be a guard.

But in all honesty intro to the company etc, PTS and then you just start your training. There is nothing you can do to prepare for the course, the training is fairly straightforward- Basingstoke is a fantastic facility and don't listen to the old moaners who moan about the company or job.

Last edited:

AshP86

Salisbury or Yeovil. On the waiting list for both now
Ah nice, according to another guard there will be space opening up at Salisbury as quite a few people are retiring. Keep the faith and you'll be on a course soon. You'll enjoy the course it's massively in depth.

Simon B Guard

Had emails today from SWR recruitment. I had 2 as I have applications for 2 depots and passed interviews for both.

No imminent movement and saying courses not starting until early 2022. Also saying that assessments and interviews that have expired might need to be retaken. My assessments were in in September 2020 and I passed the interview in November 2020.

New Job Descriptions attached for Metro Guard and Commercial Guards with separate descriptions for 701 operation.

The depots are Salisbury and Yeovil which are both commercial and obviously no chance of 701 operation.

Is anyone replying to the emails with a positive response as it appears they only want to hear if we are no longer interested?

Lalzo

Courses are coming, the schedules for training school have been planned for the DCO areas of the course as commercial and Metro guards are on the same course.

Commercial then go on to do their commercial course afterwards, the email is so they don't get bombarded with calls or emails by suppling a generic timeframe.

Don't worry Ive been waiting 3 years to move through the process for Salisbury; now waiting for a course but Yeovil and other depots have been priority :(

Status
Not open for further replies.