• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Companies you don't like to buy from, and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
TalkTalk seems to have been mentioned a few times in this thread. While I've never been a customer of theirs, I was put off by their door-to-door sales staff who blatantly lied about the broadband speed I could achieve (our telephone exchange hadn't been upgraded to deliver the faster ADSL speeds at the time). Having had to deal with the consequences of lies from sales people, it's a completely no-no for me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3rd rail land

TalkTalk seems to have been mentioned a few times in this thread. While I've never been a customer of theirs, I was put off by their door-to-door sales staff who blatantly lied about the broadband speed I could achieve (our telephone exchange hadn't been upgraded to deliver the faster ADSL speeds at the time). Having had to deal with the consequences of lies from sales people, it's a completely no-no for me.
Sky and Virgin used to send me loads of junk mail advertising the fibre broadband they were able to offer me. Problem is fibre is not available in my area except via fibre to the home and neither of these companies offer this service.
False advertising at its best!

Energy

Established Member
Sky and Virgin used to send me loads of junk mail advertising the fibre broadband they were able to offer me. Problem is fibre is not available in my area except via fibre to the home and neither of these companies offer this service.
False advertising at its best!
Virgin use their own network (unless you are talking a long time ago) so they aren't lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.