• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Compensation for missed train

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

I was on a Cardiff - Cambridge ticket - I missed my train as there was delays on the Circle line so I arrived back at the Cross half an hour later

Who do I claim compenasation from? TFL seem only to accept tickets for the Underground - and how much could I claim?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
if the delays were caused the Underground, Id say your best bet will be to claim off LUL, as you delay wasnt caused by the mainline companies

Tom B

Established Member
LU will give a refund, but I don't think they will refund if the delay was caused by circumstances outwith their control. I think they would refund you the fare between Paddington and the Cross.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Best bet is to send a letter of complaint in/complaint form into LU (whatever the system is with them), send copies of relevant tickets and see what they say. They may give you a refund of the affected journey part only.... they may cough up for the whole journey but I find that most unlikely. You'd be best finding out and letting us know!

t0ffeeman

LUL used to cough up the price of a single ticket for the LUL journey regardless of how much you had paid / LUL receives for the journey. All that needed to be surrendered was the ticket where the journey was valid.

Back in the days when All Zones Travelcards were about £3.60, I received a £4.00 refund from LUL as that was the cost of the single. It was irrelevant that the Travelcard was cheaper.

Padd - KX is £4.00 cash single

glynn80

Established Member
LUL used to cough up the price of a single ticket for the LUL journey regardless of how much you had paid / LUL receives for the journey. All that needed to be surrendered was the ticket where the journey was valid.

Back in the days when All Zones Travelcards were about £3.60, I received a £4.00 refund from LUL as that was the cost of the single. It was irrelevant that the Travelcard was cheaper.

Padd - KX is £4.00 cash single

LUL don't actually get any specific revenue from a ticket purchased that includes a "cross-london transfer". They are renumerated by a sum given to them by ATOC every year, regardless of how many tickets are sold which are also valid on LUL services.

Status
Not open for further replies.