• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 218 :: Voting

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
About time ;)

6 this week for me.

By the way, viewing the gallery was quite slow for me tonight compared to usual :?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Wow...a really good set of pictures this week.
There isn't one that I don't like!

Number 6 for me too. Although I loved the DB blue tug.

Demps

4. Something different (in most forms of photography, differance is usually a key factor to why it may be a better image), i like the fact there isnt the whole train involved, its simple but nicely done.

The only other competitor being 5. its a great compsure, but it lacks the edge which 4 has, and some technicalities.

Thanks, good competition that.

Last edited:

O L Leigh

Established Member
Ah, unique liveries...!!

When I saw that was the theme for this round I knew I had just the subject I needed, but somehow I'd managed not to snap it anywhere. Still, with a week to go, I thought I'd have plenty of time and opportunity to get the shot I needed. However, after spending the entire week trailing it, I only ever saw it whistling past at 80mph in the opposite direction and, even with the delay, I missed the deadline. In fact, it was only today that me and it were in the same place at the same time, so I fired off a shot anyway.

And here it is. It's all academic now, but would you have voted for it...?

Unique.jpg

TBH, I'm a bit handicapped when it comes to taking snaps. I can only carry a compact (Sony DSC-T10) and often have to make the best of whatever station locations there are available and shoot stuff that happens to be around when I am. With a bit of thought and planning I'm sure I could have found a better angle, but I'd just stepped off the unit and had to make the best of the situation in the little time I had available.

Incidentally, there are some more interesting StanEx shot on my Fotopic site (link in signature line). ;)

O L Leigh

Gizmogle

Established Member
Really? I think the standard was quite high this week.

They are all 3/4 shots, but still, they're good ones.

I'd like to see you do better :p

P156KWJ

Established Member
Really? I think the standard was quite high this week.

They are all 3/4 shots, but still, they're good ones.

I'd like to see you do better :p

Yes, 3/4 view is often best though, cos obviously you can't stand in the 4-foot to take one :lol: so I'm wrong there...
With my 35mm SLR I've taken quite a few night-time shots using slow shutter speeds, some were good, some weren't, some were awful. The best ones I got in matt finish and I've got em all somewhere in my bedroom vortex somewhere

Phoenix

Established Member
IMHO none are 'fantastic' from a photograhy point of view, but I went for 05.

Honestly they never were gonna be because with unique liveries ya shoot it once for rateability sake then dont bother from then one.

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to Craig

thumb_potw218.jpg

01 - class 313
02 - 87015
03 - emunit
04 - David
05 - Craig
06 - matt

Jordy

Established Member
1, 5 and 6 were all tied when it came round to sorting the competition out, but I never vote incase there is a tie, hence I picked yours.

So for the record, class 313, matt and Craig all recieved the same number of votes

Craig

Established Member
Where do I send the cheque? Or was it my controversial choice of theme that swung it? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.