• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confirmed future cascades (as at March 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
I would have thought that at many of those locations the platforms could be extended within the existing platform footprint by bringing the end ramps up level and putting a fence at the end, as is current practice for new build platforms.

this has already been done at a few locations already, cant remember which ones as ive not been down there for 10 years.

tomuk

Established Member
I would have thought that at many of those locations the platforms could be extended within the existing platform footprint by bringing the end ramps up level and putting a fence at the end, as is current practice for new build platforms.

At some of the stations the end ramp is the access to the platform.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Is there a similar thread available for all confirmed new stock? I'm losing track even locally of what's coming in, so nationally I don't have a clue.

coppercapped

Established Member
Is there a similar thread available for all confirmed new stock? I'm losing track even locally of what's coming in, so nationally I don't have a clue.

Modern Railways is your friend! Table 1A on page 23 of the April 2016 edition lists all the stock on order and the current potential orders. It's is Roger Ford's article 'Control Period 5 Rolling Stock Bonanza'.

(Note thread convergence in title of the article... ;))

edwin_m

Veteran Member
At some of the stations the end ramp is the access to the platform.

Is the platform wide enough that the half nearest the edge could be extended and given a square end, but still allow enough width for the other half of the platform to act as an access ramp?

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Modern Railways is your friend! Table 1A on page 23 of the April 2016 edition lists all the stock on order and the current potential orders. It's is Roger Ford's article 'Control Period 5 Rolling Stock Bonanza'.

(Note thread convergence in title of the article... ;))

It only focuses on the order for new rolling stock not on any cascades.

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
There's also the Rail Delivery Group's 4th Rolling Stock Strategy, for details of the new rolling stock orders signed and those that are expected.

pemma

Veteran Member
How do you find all of this information?

GWR franchise agreement confirms the units they are taking on and releasing before the end of the franchise, as does the Scotrail franchise agreement. Articles in rail magazines and press releases provide additional information such as Scotrail extending the lease for 13 x 170s and that Northern are taking on most of the DMUs released by GWR and Scotrail, as well as the LM 150s and 12 more 319s.

I realised I've not included the HSTs transferring from GWR to Scotrail.

Status
Not open for further replies.