• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confusion regarding reservations for journey to Exeter booked through LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serathor

Hello all
I have emailed LNER this, however they have not responded.
Basically I have booked tickets for 2 passengers , return travel to Exeter from Darlington so I have 4 tickets / bar-codes in total.

I have made seat reservations, for both journeys and they have emailed my tickets me. on the EMAIL confirmation it shows the reservations for both journeys, however on the PDF tickets, the seat reservations are showing on the outward journey's tickets only. it's worth noting that they are not the same seats on the return journey.

So I will print of my email confirmation to show I have booked seats for the return. but this is worrying me a little that I will have no reserved seats allocated to my return ticket.

Edit: I don't know if it helps but I am not actually travelling with LNER the train will be Cross Country (as it turned out at that time, they where the cheapest tickets) and that brings me onto a whole different rant about buying tickets however for now I am really concerned with this reservation confirmation.

Thank you in advance

Edit: I emailed (contact form) them but they say they will take 20 odd days to respond.. I booked the tickets two days ago, with travel in two days time. I could phone but I prefer emailing rather than speaking on the phone, and it is also meant to be a surprise for the other person who might be listening if I phoned.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I suspect you have bought an 'open return' ticket and so the reservations are not printed on the ticket itself as you might catch another train.

Serathor

I suspect you have bought an 'open return' ticket and so the reservations are not printed on the ticket itself as you might catch another train.

Thank you, that does make sense as on the ticket it says it is valid until the end of the month which I didn't realise that's the option that I selected. Perhaps I am being stupid. but there is a overwhelming array of different prices and options and booking websites (companies). That made something that should have been easy, very stressful (for me anyway).

Thank you very much, you have eased my worries a little.

Established Member
If you could post a screenshot or photo of your ticket then that would be helpful (scrubbing out the barcode and any identifying information)

Haywain

Veteran Member
You can also make contact by using the Live chat option on the LNER website.

Serathor

Hi there, screen shot is two of the 4 tickets (one of each type) and the email confirmation that gives you Journey details - I have scrubbed out the actual seat numbers

Attachments

• email confirmation.JPG
    email confirmation.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Ticket1.JPG
    Ticket1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 88
  • ticket3.JPG
    ticket3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 89

Serathor

Excluding St Davids to Central, Ticket 1 shows the reservation, but the other one does not, also attached is the email confirmation

alistairlees

Established Member
Probably just a coding error resulting in the return eTicket not showing the reservation. The reservation is on your itinerary and I am sure will be fine.

Serathor

Hi all
I have just got back from Exeter, the seats on the return Journey where reserved as part of the Itinerary , so no problem there - thanks to all that replied to my message.

Train to Exeter 6 hours nearly on a Voyager, I found them too cramped (I am 6' 3") to be fair however a fairly long but enjoyable trip.

We also booked a train from Exeter to Bristol, reserved seats on the way there, however a open return on the way back from Temple Meads, fair enough I wont have reserved seat however on this 4 Coach Voyager it was like one big can of Sardines, I didn't expect a reserved seat but at £60 a ticket (return for 2) I do expect to be able to sit down for an hour instead we where packed in the vestibule near the toilet. I know it's been discussed to death on here but they need to be longer trains.

The return journey, from Exeter, was again another 4 coaches. towing another 4 coach voyager behind it that had it's doors locked. This service (09:24) was delayed by 40 min due to speed restrictions at Dawlish "Becasue of the weather" was the official announcement - it must have been a bit choppy out at sea there.

Anyhow, thanks to all that replied to my question I, and She Who Must Be Obeyed where glad to have a guaranteed seat for over 6 hours

Kind Regards

Serathor

Remember to claim delay repay if you arrived at your destination 30+ minutes late
I have done, it was 35-40 min late.. normally I am not the sort of person who actively seeks refunds or compensation or really officially complain about anything, as in this case I have only been Inconvenienced by getting home later than planned. But they kept advertising it over the tannoy .. so I did it.

For info for anyone else, I used Chrome browser and the online form did not work properly. Saying that the station "field" was not recognised. I tried the edge browser and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.