• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Control of the Paignton branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
I often venture down this way, and always assumed that the line from NTA to PGN was controlled from Exeter PSB. However, the signal posts beg to differ. "PNxx" at Paignton and "U something" (I think) at Torquay.

Does anyone know which box it comes under the control of?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

Paignton Station is under the control of Paignton Signalbox, which, after going there one afternoon, is well hiden inside the station building.

"U" refers to "Up" on the Line through Torquay, and the signals on the Down wil be "DN" plated, it think, maybe "D", and they are under the control of Exeter. I think there are only one or two Signals entering and leaving Paignton that are under its controls, its mainly there to supervise the LC.

TomCrame

The U and D signals on the branch are plated DT and UT (Down Torbay / Up Torbay), and they're automatic signals monitored from Exeter. Auto signals traditionally have no control from the signal box monitoring the area save for emergency replacement (and then only normally in newer installations).

Hope that helps a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.