• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Converting Sound Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

How do you change an MP3 file to a WMA file. I have a 512mb MP3 player but i'm fast running out of space. The manual dosen't mention how to do it. I have got the files of the CD's

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
:o

WMA files are BIGGER than MP3 files!

So converting the mp3s into WMAs will ony use up more space dude ;):D

nutter

Cheers EB. I have loads of my favorites already on there (Queen, Delta Goodrem and Girls aloud, DON'T TAKE THE PI5S) and I'm listening to power ballards 1 at the mo, so I need to fit it on there. Cheers again

Tom B

Established Member
I find mp3 superior, in terms of quality and size.

Also remember not everyone can read wma files easily!

Simming

Is there anything to change MP3 to WAV files, so I can use some sounds around on and around the computer

Sprog

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
No, wma is smaller than mp3, wma's compression technology is much better than mp3 (although you wont really notice), therefore you can have the same quality at half the bitrate.

You can try the program in this website http://www.wma-mp3-converter.com/
:o:o:o i never knew that!

But i find MP3 alot better

I find WMAs crap, with grainy/distorted sound and..well..crap!

Tom B

Established Member
MP3 is better than WMA in terms of quality... though it varies depending on the encoder. WMA is way behind OGG, for example.

It's amazing how the media / general public portray mp3s as being something that are "modern" and "cutting edge"... given that they've been around 12 years, I suppose it's just the public getting to realise they've been here all this time. Slow, aren't they?

Sprog

Established Member
Best format i currently use IMO is MPEG-4, aka AAC

The encoder on iTunes is superb! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.