• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conwy Valley cancellations

Russel

Anyone know what happened on the Conwy Valley this evening, I've had a run up and down it today on 197019, I left Llandudno again on 197019 as far as Llandudno Jn on my return to catch a service back to Crewe.

The Conwy Valley service left Llandudno Jn around 19:20 but it looks like it was cancelled from Betws Y Coed, RTT states problem with traction equipment and TFW state points failure, 197019 was turned back at Betws and formed the 20:54 back to Llandudno...

Any clue as to why it was terminated short at Betws?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Anyone know what happened on the Conwy Valley this evening, I've had a run up and down it today on 197019, I left Llandudno again on 197019 as far as Llandudno Jn on my return to catch a service back to Crewe.

The Conwy Valley service left Llandudno Jn around 19:20 but it looks like it was cancelled from Betws Y Coed, RTT states problem with traction equipment and TFW state points failure, 197019 was turned back at Betws and formed the 20:54 back to Llandudno...

Any clue as to why it was terminated short at Betws?
Being discussed here

Russel

Being discussed here

That is about the distuption on the North Wales Coast mainline, why would this effect a Conwy Valley service that was already half way down the self contained branch?

Established Member
That is about the distuption on the North Wales Coast mainline, why would this effect a Conwy Valley service that was already half way down the self contained branch?
Not familiar with that area put 2 + 2 together, sorry for thinking I was helping.

But for your info, your unit had a power fault at mile 19 post, after contacting control it returned to Betws Y Coed, where it formed its back working 2D21!

Krokodil

Established Member
Running on one engine, didn't quite manage as far as Pont-y-Pant Lower Tunnel.