• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coronavirus restrictions postcode look up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Is there a website where you can type in your postcode (or indeed that of anywhere else in the UK) and you can see what COVID-19 lockdown restrictions are currently in force?

Fast losing track of the "rules" in my local area. :s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DustyBin

Established Member
I’m not sure, but you can look up statistics for your local area so it wouldn’t take a lot to set up. Your best bet is probably your local authorities website, in the North East at least they all detail local restrictions. That’s obviously ok if restrictions are brought in by LA area, I’m not sure if there are postcode specific restrictions in place though? I can’t keep up!

ASharpe

I must confess I get confused when I look at this page:

The header says Local areas not affected

But then I think it actually might say they are included - I'm not sure.

I happen to live in Windhill for which it says:
  • Windhill and Wrose (restrictions were removed on 3 September)
I really don't understand. Not a clue.

Bantamzen

Established Member
I must confess I get confused when I look at this page:

The header says Local areas not affected

But then I think it actually might say they are included - I'm not sure.

I happen to live in Windhill for which it says:
  • Windhill and Wrose (restrictions were removed on 3 September)
I really don't understand. Not a clue.

They were removed for a bit, then reapplied 3 weeks later, as highlighted by the text above the list:

On 2 September local restrictions were lifted in the following areas, however, from 22 September the restrictions outlined on this page will apply to:

DelayRepay

Established Member
The problem with this is does everyone know the name of their Ward? My Ward doesn't include the name of the village I live in. And if I was planning a trip somewhere, I probably wouldn't know the name of the local council ward I was visiting.

I think it we're going to continue with this system of different rules in different places, there should be a postcode checker as suggested. I also think they should find a clearer way to present the information, rather than a long block of text.

DelayRepay

Established Member
I wouldn’t trust it, it says bars and restaurants are open where I am now and they are not!

I believe that the site takes its information directly from Boris Johnson. It probably just 'mis spoke'.

kristiang85

Established Member
I thought the app was meant to give this info?

Or am I going too far to assume that it would do something actually useful for a user?

Stormaggeddon

The problem with this is does everyone know the name of their Ward? My Ward doesn't include the name of the village I live in. And if I was planning a trip somewhere, I probably wouldn't know the name of the local council ward I was visiting.

I think it we're going to continue with this system of different rules in different places, there should be a postcode checker as suggested. I also think they should find a clearer way to present the information, rather than a long block of text.

Pop your postcode into: https://www.writetothem.com/ and it'll tell you which ward and authority area you're in. Can't argue with the need for a postcode lookup, but I think the chance of something so useful actually happening is probably zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.