• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Correct destination, wrong time chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmred

Hi, travelling from sheffield to liverpool and booked a ticket for an hour later than I want - non refundable. Should I risk it and travel on the earlier train or not worth it?
Thankyou

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Assuming this is an Advance Purchase ticket (which from you've said it seems to be) then you do not have a valid ticket to travel on the earlier train and would be liable to purchase a brand new, full price, ticket. However if you approach the train guard and ask permission they may be willing to permit travel without having to buy a new ticket.

Otherwise I would strongly advise against travelling on the wrong train.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you ask at a booking office they will (should) be able to charge an excess between the price of the ticket you hold and the price of the cheapest advance available for the train you want. If it's too late to buy an advance then they can charge you the difference between the price you paid and a flexible ticket. Both options subject to a £10 admin fee and need to be done before the time on your reservation coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.