• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cost to Slough from London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willthiswork?

Hi

How much would it cost to commute from london to slough, weekly, monthly and annually, travel card prices.

I live in Zone 2/3 and would have to go into zone 1 and then to slough from paddington.

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Can you give us a bit more information, where in Zones 2-3, how often would you be travelling (5 days a week?), then we can work out the best routes and prices for you.

nicobobinus

I'm local to Finsbury Park and when I needed to get to Slough cheaply I would get the Piccadilly Line to Hounslow West then the 81. If you value your sanity I can't recommend it on a daily basis - it is about two hours each way vs about 70-90 minutes via Paddington and a fast train. It is the cheapest practical way of doing it, though (£55.20/week vs £82.10).

The more learned members of this community will be along to suggest travelcard splits and the like if such an option exists.

Romilly

Established Member
An Anytime Day Return from Finsbury Park to Slough is £15.60 for travel by National Rail to Kings X or Moorgate, then Underground to Paddington, then National Rail to Slough. Five of these will be less than a weekly travelcard, and twenty of these will cost the same as a monthly travelcard. (If you have a 16-25 railcard, the price will be nearer £10.25 per day during July & August, and £12 per day for the rest of the year.)

A Slough to Zones 1-6 travelcard is £82.10 for a week, £315.30 for a month and £3,284 for a year (and a Slough to Zones 2 to 6 weekly travelcard is £61.60 if you can find a route that avoids Zone 1 but which is likely to be considerably slower). These will be the travelcards you need even though you start from Finsbury Park rather than Slough.

A travelcard is cheaper for travelling five days per week than a Slough-Paddington season ticket and then using Oyster/contactless to travel Paddington-Finsbury Park by underground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.