• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cotswold line Disruption 18/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Apparently the 0528 Hereford to Paddington has struck an obstruction in the Charlbury area, and is causing disruption to up trains.

Does anyone have any information, in terms of when the line is going to be clear?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Apparently the 0528 Hereford to Paddington has struck an obstruction in the Charlbury area, and is causing disruption to up trains.

Does anyone have any information, in terms of when the line is going to be clear?

I understand that it was an animal the train struck which resulted in a fault with the train. Got terminated at Oxford around 3 and a half hours late - thankfully I wasn't on this train. JourneyCheck's very useful for train updates!

Jonathanc

That's right - I was waiting for it at Charlbury (0712) and eventually went home again.

Station staff said a small animal was hit and driver waiting to move train - the next update was that the train had moved a bit (Ascott) but then lost air and wouldn't move.

FGW_DID

Established Member
802112 struck a small animal near Ascott under Wychwood resulting in loss of air. Driver rectified and limped on a short distance before grinding to a halt near Charlbury and became a total failure causing carnage on the Cotswolds!
1W00 was terminated at Oxford and the unit used as 1Z99 to rescue the stricken unit and tow it into Oxford.

ejstubbs

Mention of Charlbury brings to mind a journey to Hereford many years ago. I have a memory of seeing, though the gloom of a late winter's evening, the (listed) Charlbury station sign, and a large sign for what I assume was a scaffolding company called "Spook Erections"!

Mention of Charlbury brings to mind a journey to Hereford many years ago. I have a memory of seeing, though the gloom of a late winter's evening, the (listed) Charlbury station sign, and a large sign for what I assume was a scaffolding company called "Spook Erections"!
You'd think, wouldn't you - but in fact they operate markets and car boot sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.