• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coventry Station revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufian123

172s meant to start in December. Delayed due to releasing them from LO. Hopefully by may 2019 we should have them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boxy321

So will there be two completely separate concourses facing people walking out from the city centre, old one to the left and new one to the right? Seems a bit confusing.

What they need is low level platforms so trains can be grade separated (these crayons need taking away...)
HS2 at Curzon St will be the same. New bit by Moor St, old bit opposite the Woodman pub.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
HS2 at Curzon St will be the same. New bit by Moor St, old bit opposite the Woodman pub.
We had a few pages discussion about this last month and I wasn’t convinced that the Curzon St building was going to be an integral part of the station though. One of the linked documents mentioned it might be some sort of visitor centre or offices.

BantamMenace

Just on the 15:22 from Bedworth to Coventry and onward for a weekend in London.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people alighting at bedworth even though it isn’t quite the peak yet although this might be seasonal shopping traffic. My observations certainly justify going to 2tph although doubling the length of the trains as well might be overkill.

Can someone lay out the likely dates of all improvements expected and what are likely improvements in the medium term future (wires, London services post HS2, Leicester services, etc). From the thread already I think we’ve mentioned:

-Coventry station revamp; completion 2020 (does this include bay platform)
-1tph Class 172 in May 2019
-2tph upon bay completion (1tph extended to leamington)

HLE

Established Member
172's should come on board before may 2019, that train you were just on bursts at the seams during the peaks. The extension to leamington may occur in May, but it's all up in the air as it stands.

2 per hour only occurs when the bay platform is finished at Coventry. And it'll need more crews trained up on the route which could lead to an increase in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.