• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crawley delays today 27-10-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbqfc

i was going to go out for a day trip but i checked real times train i found some quite long delays
can anyone tell the cause thanks
John

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
There was a failed train in the Faygate area on the Up Line (2C03, I believe, which was terminated at Ifield and ran at 10mph to Three Bridges as 5C03). Whilst I believe the train had traction motor difficulties, an examination of the line was also required which necessitated the use of not one but two of the trains stuck behind it. Simultaneously to this, the Southern network was also disrupted by short formations out of Lovers Walk Depot and a faulty train at Oxted (failed consist of 171s for what would have been a short-formed 1E10).

jbqfc

There was a failed train in the Faygate area on the Up Line (2C03, I believe, which was terminated at Ifield and ran at 10mph to Three Bridges as 5C03). Whilst I believe the train had traction motor difficulties, an examination of the line was also required which necessitated the use of not one but two of the trains stuck behind it. Simultaneously to this, the Southern network was also disrupted by short formations out of Lovers Walk Depot and a faulty train at Oxted (failed consist of 171s for what would have been a short-formed 1E10).

Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.