• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Creating a timetable in Oxford to London Paddington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Does anyone no, What I do to be able to create a Timetable, on the Free roam mode?

Otherwise when I drive from Oxford, in the London Direction the train just get's stopped for going through a red signal?

Any help would be advised.

Thanks Neil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Free roam are for operating trains without a timetable or even ai. To do either ou can either create them in a standard scenario (which you place via the scenario creator, its the little yellow front of train icon) of timetable scenario (which is accessed the same way).

Its a little counter intuitive, but thats the wacky way Kuju originally set things up.

Crossover

Established Member
I think I know what your problem is.

I think it is possibly just a case that there isn't a route set out of whichever platform you are leaving (or points don't follow a complete route)

After selecting the train, hit "9" and you will get the track view. The train you are on will show a blue line for the set route (which probably won't get very far) - simply left click on the blue circles while wholding "Shift" to change the points and you should be able to obtain a route. Provided no other trains are on the track ahead, you should then obtain an "off" signal. Although you go through a red signal in free roam mode, you can release the brakes and continue going - any conflicting trailing points will become correctly set as you travel over them.

If you still have problems, let me know which train you are using from Oxford and I'll have a look on mine (provided yours is still default) and see if I get the same issue

As an aside, if anyone has the Tornado pack - on the free roam on Bath to Templecombe - it is too close to the turntable and so if you try and take a train past, they will clash and derail.

Status
Not open for further replies.