• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe arms hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash

Has anyone stayed in this hotel with a room overlooking the wcml, if you have what is it like for watching trains from your room ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I've stayed in it, the place is really good but make sure you're on a higher floor if you want to observe the trains from your room. You'll also need to be as far to the back of the hotel ( so ideally the NW corner ) otherwise you'll find the station wall restricts your view of anything coming from the south.

When I was there, the staff said enthusiasts who are guests of the hotel can use their car park to take pictures from as well - but do check that is still the case before you do it. :)

Nash

Thanks for your reply, I am staying there next month and for £39 for two sharing with breakfast seems a very good price.

junglejames

Established Member
Thanks for your reply, I am staying there next month and for £39 for two sharing with breakfast seems a very good price.

Fantastic hotel with loads of character.
Viewing the line, as already mentioned, depends on where you are.
Need to be quite high up preferably. Im staying there numerous times for the next couple of weeks during my 2 week rover.
Dont know how you got breakfast in the £39 price. Mine doesnt include Breakie.

Nash

I think your right about the breakfast James, do you know a good room number that gives me a good view of the line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.