• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crewe to London Terminals Super off peak return (Virgin Trains Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

block6panger

Afternoon All,

I'm looking for the above fare on the Fri 5 Feb (1.30pm), returning Sun 7 Feb (3pm).

I believe the super off peak return should be £36, but I can't find it anywhere. I've been on the phone to Virgin and they insist that the off peak fare at £74.90 is the only one available.

I have looked at very similar times for the weekend before and the £36 fare is being offered but not on the weekend I require.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It's a promotional fare, not permanent, because Virgin own (set the price of and receive most of the money for) the Crewe - London flow. The flow owner isn't allowed to have TOC specific fares for longer periods of time [as this would negatively impact the 'lesser' TOCs such as LM, Chiltern, XC etc].

If price is an issue, consider travelling the whole way with LM, or to Birmingham and then VTWC onwards (very reasonable prices available on your dates).

Status
Not open for further replies.