• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Croft Quarry shunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan

Does anyone know whether 01562 & 01572 are still at Croft Quarry? If so is there any public footpaths that overlook?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
Not sure if they're there. No footpaths and a security on the road bridge enterance to the site. If you asked nicely they might let you in but depends.
Was tempted to go myself, do let me know how you get on

Leviathan

I see another site has 01562 now at Dovesite Caravan Park, Derbyshire. Looking at Google Maps it looks like a bit of an Industrial Estate. That made me wonder if they were still there. I am staying nearby in September and just planning ahead. Will spend my time more productively if it is confirmed they have gone or can't be accessed.

Again looking at Google Maps wasn't sure if they may have been viewable from footpaths nearby if not permitted access which is probably unlikely. Kelvin Hill looks a possibility bt some local knowledge would be great.

DannyMich2018

Is Croft still open? When I've been past by the last few times by train the sidings to the loading area are quite overgrown.

wallan

Is Croft still open? When I've been past by the last few times by train the sidings to the loading area are quite overgrown.

Reports suggest that the sidings, are due to be relayed , a Pad constructed & the Old Workings are to Filled with Waste from HS2 Construction Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.