• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country delay repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
I recently bought tickets for two people from York to Birmingham and they were delayed by 33 minutes. I filled out the CrossCountry delay repay form and sent the tickets in the post. I received an odd reply by email. Firstly, the person appears to have received a scanned copy. Might CrossCountry scan tickets in they receive by post? Secondly, I have never been asked for names of passengers before and have claimed several times for multiple people with other companies. I can't find anything in the Passenger Charter about this. Of course the NRCoC doesn't oblige CrossCountry to provide Delay Repay, it's in the franchise agreement and the DfT and I imagine the DfT doesn't stipulate implementation to this level of detail.

Dear Mr x

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the delay you experienced during your recent journey between York and Birmingham New Street on 17th December 2016. I am sorry for any disruption you experienced.

You may be entitled to claim compensation for this delay in line with our Passenger Charter and the National Rail Conditions of Travel. So that I can look into this for you, I'd be grateful if you'd respond to this message and attach a scan or photo of your tickets as the scanned copy we have received is really difficult to make out and verify. If you no longer have your tickets, then I'll be happy to accept proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or booking confirmation.

And finally, I would be grateful if you could please provide me with the name and contact details (email/postal address) for the second passenger travelling. This is because compensation is payable to the individual passenger affected by a rail delay rather than the individual who purchased the tickets.

As soon as I receive this information, I will write to you again.

Please be sure to quote the reference number at the top of this email in all correspondence as this will ensure that we can assign the information you provide to your case.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter and I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

y
Customer Relations Consultant
CrossCountry

Status
Not open for further replies.