• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross country train cancelled, help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VItraveller

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this thread, I could really do with some help.
I was booked on the 1739 from Oxford to Birmingham, but that train is cancelled, and the following train at 1839 is cancelled as well.
I think the 1939 is still running but to be honest I’m not very confident that it will turn up and I’ll certainly miss my onwith connections if I wait around for it.
I’ve been looking at my options and I think the only way forward for me would be to book a taxi from Oxford to Bicester North, and then get the Chilton train from there to Moor Street but that will be quite expensive and I was just wondering if there are any other options that are a bit cheaper.
Also, if I do end up taking this route, is there any way to claim some of the money for the taxi back from the train company at all, I know that will give me a ticket refund but the cost of the journey is going to be a lot more than that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robert Mann

You'd need to check the validity with whatever ticket you've got but could this be an option?

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    238.3 KB · Views: 62

ashley84

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this thread, I could really do with some help.
I was booked on the 1739 from Oxford to Birmingham, but that train is cancelled, and the following train at 1839 is cancelled as well.
I think the 1939 is still running but to be honest I’m not very confident that it will turn up and I’ll certainly miss my onwith connections if I wait around for it.
I’ve been looking at my options and I think the only way forward for me would be to book a taxi from Oxford to Bicester North, and then get the Chilton train from there to Moor Street but that will be quite expensive and I was just wondering if there are any other options that are a bit cheaper.
Also, if I do end up taking this route, is there any way to claim some of the money for the taxi back from the train company at all, I know that will give me a ticket refund but the cost of the journey is going to be a lot more than that.
Hi,

What type of ticket do you have? Do you know if it's a flexible ticket or advance (valid on specific train only)?

Where are you ultimately trying to get to?

lm321412

Can you not go Oxford - Bicester Village and then walk to Bicester North for a service to Birmingham Moor Street?

It is not that far for anybody able to walk and use Google Maps.

VItraveller

Can you not go Oxford - Bicester Village and then walk to Bicester North for a service to Birmingham Moor Street?

It is not that far for anybody able to walk and use Google Maps.
I agree that would be the most sensible route, but Bicester Village train station isn’t staffed and being visually impaired I wouldn’t be able to get off the train and out of the station by myself without assistance.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
I assume that you are travelling today?

If so, is it worth urgently contacting Cross Country's Passenger Assistance (0800 030 9224)? Give them the opportunity to make other arrangements for you.

I see from https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/travel-assistance that phoning is not the only option but since you want something other than just being helped on or off a train I think you want to talk to someone rather than letting them assume that a hand at the train door is what you want.

JBuchananGB

In case you couldn't read the image posted earlier, the suggestion was 17:45 GWR service (destination Hereford) as far as Worcestershire Parkway, then 19.14 CrossCountry service from there to Birmingham New Street arriving 19.45.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I agree that would be the most sensible route, but Bicester Village train station isn’t staffed and being visually impaired I wouldn’t be able to get off the train and out of the station by myself without assistance.
Do you have assistance booked for the train on which you were supposed to travel today? As I’d expect them to have contacted you by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.