• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr double 77

Good morning everyone, and hope someone can help I’ve recently applied for the position of Qualified Driver at Leeds Depot for Cross Country Trains, I’m after information regarding routes/traction they sign out of Leeds, I’m currently based elsewhere with another TOC thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Good morning everyone, and hope someone can help I’ve recently applied for the position of Qualified Driver at Leeds Depot for Cross Country Trains, I’m after information regarding routes/traction they sign out of Leeds, I’m currently based elsewhere with another TOC thanks in advance
Routes are Birmingham to Edinburgh (with diversions), Neville Hill and Crofton depots.
Traction is Voyager and HST.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
What TOC you drive for at the moment?

class 9

3 links at XC Leeds, a 4 day week, 5 day week and a hybrid link(mixture of 4 & 5 day weeks)

dannydm1

Any information on how many positions are available at Leeds? Is it just the one?

mr double 77

There’s nothing stated in the vacancy, our any information I have either, a friend of mine drives for XC at Sheffield it was him who made me aware of the application to be fair

irish_rail

Established Member
There’s nothing stated in the vacancy, our any information I have either, a friend of mine drives for XC at Sheffield it was him who made me aware of the application to be fair
Didn't realise XC had a Sheffield depot? That must be new?!

Driver068

On a slightly different subject, could anyone comment on the recent advertisement which is now closed on a vacancy for an assistant drivers manager, this seems to be a new thing i am aware of or is it common for XC. It stated NO experience needed so the position was open to NON drivers. Is this common placed?

Also whats the need for this role particularly Newcastle, potentially increasing the number of drivers at Newcastle or DTM work load ect

Cheers, those who applied for Leeds good luck. Seems to be the 2nd time within the last 12 months or so where it has been advertised. High turn around potentially?

Established Member
On a slightly different subject, could anyone comment on the recent advertisement which is now closed on a vacancy for an assistant drivers manager, this seems to be a new thing i am aware of or is it common for XC. It stated NO experience needed so the position was open to NON drivers. Is this common placed?
Basically an admin assistant for the DTMs. Very common across XC.

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers for that.

Also i appreciate it maybe old news but i notice XC trains have removed the branding by arriva, how come
Because they’re not owned by Arriva now I guess? (Both Arriva and XC are DB companies now as far as I’m aware?).

T-Karmel

I don't know if there was Arriva sign on relevant operators websites before, but there isn't one in XC website and there still is on Chiltern's. I wonder why they told XC to take it off and if they will tell the same to Chiltern.

Status
Not open for further replies.