• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all ive stuck this in this forum because I dont quite know how to put it :lol:
"Aparently" XC have done this account and instantly its been bombarded with VEG spam.

not too sure if its really XC or not but...

Just looking at some of the comments shows how uneducated some people can be:
Where can i find cheap train tickets?" Well certainly not with CrossCoutry, thats for sure!
does this child know that its the holiday season? once the cheap AP fares are up for grabs they are sold very quickly, those who were on the HST bash meet may know this as there were no AP fares IIRC.

along your journey you will be served lots of refreshments from hot bottled water to tea weaker than maggy fatchers left nipple, and to top the cake a lovley soggy bacon roll,
XC Dont do the catering so why is this guy moaning about it on a XC YT page

not only that these people are wasting their time posting comments, who do they think is in chage of the channel, the MD? they get looked at and ignored

then again XC are another one to add to the list of "TOC`s that VEG cant stop moaning on about" along with NXEC (and some who moaned had never traveled with them :lo: mega oh-dear) im aware that there are TOC`s that dont do well but do I need to be reminded of it ever 5 seconds

Rant over, does anyone know if this is real or not, I can se TOC`s jumping on the band wagon with EMT and starting up a youtube account, after all what fool would turn down free advertising on a site viewed by millions

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
The comment regarding the price of travelling on Cross Country is fair!

The availability of AP all year round is scandalous.

Established Member
The comment regarding the price of travelling on Cross Country is fair!

The availability of AP all year round is scandalous.

True, im aware that they have reduced the amount of AP tickets avalible but they do sell very fast once they have them

It could always be a channel set up by some CrossCountry-obsessed vegetable, but who knows.

MCR247

Established Member
But who would like, let alone be obsessed with CrossCountry

mumrar

Established Member
I'm afraid it's just all too easy for people in this country to complain. The catering and service under BR was constantly lamented as appalling. Privatise the railways, and it's 'bring them back'. Virgin were quite rightly viewed as the anti-christ for the reduction in train length the Voyager fleet brought. But now they're gone people can't wait for a chance to gobble on Bransons Johnson, whilst complaining about the West Coast! It's hilarious. The people in Britain are never happy, with their job, their pay, their government, the weather and everyone who provides a service too. Let's not forget, we have one of the most vocal protests against speed cameras. There is a law to be broken to provide these with money, but never let that get in the way of a good British moan. Of course, I can see the irony in that statement and my post, but really it is the whining low moral of this country that brings the national mood. Were people complaining during the era of rationing etc? Most were grateful to just be alive! MEGA RANT over

Established Member
I'm afraid it's just all too easy for people in this country to complain. The catering and service under BR was constantly lamented as appalling. Privatise the railways, and it's 'bring them back'. Virgin were quite rightly viewed as the anti-christ for the reduction in train length the Voyager fleet brought. But now they're gone people can't wait for a chance to gobble on Bransons Johnson, whilst complaining about the West Coast! It's hilarious. The people in Britain are never happy, with their job, their pay, their government, the weather and everyone who provides a service too. Let's not forget, we have one of the most vocal protests against speed cameras. There is a law to be broken to provide these with money, but never let that get in the way of a good British moan. Of course, I can see the irony in that statement and my post, but really it is the whining low moral of this country that brings the national mood. Were people complaining during the era of rationing etc? Most were grateful to just be alive! MEGA RANT over

I couldnt agree more there

me123

Established Member
Mumrar, everything you've said is true. People need to look at the good things out there on the rails. XC have brought in HSTs to help. West Coast travel is faster than ever, and can comfortably compete with air within England. There's a high speed link to Europe, and talks of another one across England, a mass electrification program. All these are positive developments for the railways. There are people out there who would then turn and say "The HSTs are too old, the WCML Pendolinos are too cramped, rail travel's going to die so why fund a new high speed line, and the North isn't benefiting from the upcoming electrification."

I blame the media. When you open most newspapers, the positive stories are rarely in there. If they are in there, they're buried in the back somewhere. And plenty of papers turn a positive story into a negative one to sell papers. I'm reminded of the Glasgow Herald's recent series "The Failings of Scotland's Railways" in which it failed to mention all the positive steps, a lot of the negative signs were exaggerated and filled with half truths. Yet, people still bought the paper and the rubbish they were printing.

Fantastic! This country in a few short words :)

krus_aragon

Established Member
Let's not forget, we have one of the most vocal protests against speed cameras.

Perhaps not quite vocal enough. In Canada (Ontario at least) people objected to the fact that a speed camera couldn't identify the driver of the vehicle, so automatic speed cameras were never introduced: they use radar guns and airborne surveillance. Over here it's the vehicle owner's responsibility to identify who was driving in front of the speed camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.