• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross London transfer time PAD-MYB

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Quick question as it is proving complex to get an itinerary for what I did as it didn't involve the quickest services.

What is the total minimum transfer time for Paddington to Marylebone to be a valid itinerary, arriving at Paddington on GWR and leaving Marylebone on Chiltern, please? Just wanting to establish if I have a valid delay repay claim or not. I suspect not as the time allowed is usually generous, but if I do I might as well have it!

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Quick question as it is proving complex to get an itinerary for what I did as it didn't involve the quickest services.

What is the total minimum transfer time for Paddington to Marylebone to be a valid itinerary, arriving at Paddington on GWR and leaving Marylebone on Chiltern, please? Just wanting to establish if I have a valid delay repay claim or not. I suspect not as the time allowed is usually generous, but if I do I might as well have it!

Thanks.
Depends when you're travelling:

Minimum connection time at Paddington is 15 minutes
Minimum connection time at Marylebone is 10 minutes
Transfer time is either 7, 12 or 17 minutes depending on the day and time

So it's either 32, 37 or 42 minutes.

pelli

What is the total minimum transfer time for Paddington to Marylebone to be a valid itinerary, arriving at Paddington on GWR and leaving Marylebone on Chiltern, please?
To check whether a specific train into Paddington connects into a specific train out of Marylebone, you could probably search for a journey from the last stop before Paddington of the first train to the first stop after Marylebone of the second train at the appropriate time for the intended trains, specifying "via Paddington" and "via Marylebone" if necessary.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Depends when you're travelling:

Minimum connection time at Paddington is 15 minutes
Minimum connection time at Marylebone is 10 minutes
Transfer time is either 7, 12 or 17 minutes depending on the day and time

So it's either 32, 37 or 42 minutes.

Cheers. The theoretical "connection" was only 22 minutes so no DR for me this time I guess!

I expect it could be done on foot in that!

I've walked it in 20 minutes on foot

Generally cross London times are heavily inflated. Certainly in the past I've done Paddington-Euston half an hour quicker than the allowed time. So I did suspect this one wouldn't be official but as it's only 2 stops on the Bakerloo I thought it worth asking! :)

Class800

Established Member
Though if you're on a split ticket, you could claim for the first ticket if it is delayed in its own right. I know it's a bit have your cake and eat it, but it's allowed

Generally from Woolwich my way to get to Marylebone is Elizabeth to Paddington and walk it, though occasionally I do Woolwich Elizabeth - Farringdon - Baker Street, for the shorter walk

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Though if you're on a split ticket, you could claim for the first ticket if it is delayed in its own right.

No, was a through ticket. Though because it was fairly tight the original delay wouldn't have triggered it on its own, it was one of those cases where a short delay meant a longer one due to Aylesbury Vale Parkway only being served hourly.

It can be done in 15 minutes at a quick stroll. Slightly less via the Bakerloo if you walk straight onto a train.
Exactly. I’m not exactly lightweight but have done it in 14 minutes this year.

Thames99

If the OP had a through ticket that allowed inadequate time to travel from Paddington to Marylebone, the site that sold the ticket is at fault isn't it?