• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Driver Application...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TristanGNER

Hi all

I'm in the process of applying for a Qualified Driver's position.

I thought I'd reach out to you knowledgable bunch to see if anyone can help to clarify two points that I need help with before I'm forced to email HR.

Question 1) The advert states that I "clearly demonstrate in your personal statement the following areas..." but it's not obvious to me where this personal statement should be included. It isn't one of the questions on the application. Anyone have any ideas?

Question 2) Concerning the Transfer of Safety Critical Information Form : Am I expected to have this form verified by my current employer before sending it back with my application? I'd prefer that my current employer wasn't yet made aware that I was looking elsewhere. Any advice?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Tristan :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lammergeier

Hi all

I thought I'd reach out to you knowledgable bunch to see if anyone can help to clarify two points that I need help with before I'm forced to email HR.

Question 1) The advert states that I "clearly demonstrate in your personal statement the following areas..." but it's not obvious to me where this personal statement should be included. It isn't one of the questions on the application. Anyone have any ideas?

Question 2) Concerning the Transfer of Safety Critical Information Form : Am I expected to have this form verified by my current employer before sending it back with my application? I'd prefer that my current employer wasn't yet made aware that I was looking elsewhere. Any advice?

Can't help you with question 1, but for question 2 the answer is no, you don't have to verify it before sending it. The usual process is they'll check it and decide whether they are happy with your record based on your response. If they are and they offer you the job, they'll either send it to back to you to have verified or send to your line manager directly for verification.

TristanGNER

Can't help you with question 1, but for question 2 the answer is no, you don't have to verify it before sending it. The usual process is they'll check it and decide whether they are happy with your record based on your response. If they are and they offer you the job, they'll either send it to back to you to have verified or send to your line manager directly for verification.

Thanks for such a quick response. This was exactly the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks again

RHolmes

Your personal statement presumably would be your cover letter as to why you (presumably) want to join the new company from your existing company, and what benefits you would bring as a result of the switch

Is there not a section for ‘additional doccuments’ or ‘attatchments’?

Efini92

Established Member
Hi all

I too found the application strange on the DB website. Did you put in your education? It seemed like it was geared up for US style applications.

TristanGNER

I too found the application strange on the DB website. Did you put in your education? It seemed like it was geared up for US style applications.

In the end I just submitted separate documents by uploading them one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.