• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
Struggling to think of a clue at the moment so I'll try "despite the name, it is not a good idea to go here if travelling by land to the Middle East."

Calthrop

Established Member
Turkey Street?? (if travelling to the Middle East overland, you'd pass through the country of Turkey; but going to London's northern suburbs would not help in that endeavour.)

Calthrop

Established Member
As I was inspired by Calthrop and neilmc, whose answers were just as good as mine, I'll offer the floor to the first one of them to set a clue.

DaleCooper -- gracious of you -- thanks. Here's mine:

Commemorating the motor of a character in an American comedy series of quite recent times?

Calthrop

Established Member
DaleCooper -- gracious of you -- thanks. Here's mine:

Commemorating the motor of a character in an American comedy series of quite recent times?

Hint: other characters in the series concerned, were other nitwits with names such as Joey, Monica, and Phoebe.

Calthrop

Established Member
DaleCooper, thanks.

Next one:

Seaside drinkers all want Iberian fortified wine at once

neilmc

OK then, I'll do one:

Fancy a quickie - at Headingley? Or maybe Crossgates? Hesitate after old stockings feature!

neilmc

Well done, got it without a hint - a "seamer" is a fast bowler in cricket which is played at Headingley and "Crossgates" - one word - is actually the location of Seamer station just outside of Scarborough.

Your turn.