• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Desperation time -- Great Missenden ??? Homophones "great" and "grate" -- and some allusion somewhere, involving "Missenden" and "admission" -- wildly far-fetched, I know :s .

RobertsN

Sorry @Calthrop , not that one.

Further hint: "What can make something cause a nasty rasping sound and where would that be?"

Those that live in rural areas will have come across it more often, particularly in bad weather.

Calthrop

Established Member
Final hint:
Imagine the flagstones when you arrive at your property
(I think this is making it maybe too easy).

Now I keep thinking of Longpavement (first station out of Limerick on the line to Athenry): but as a station closed a heck of a long time ago, and in the Republic of Ireland, I don't think it makes the grade...

duncanp

Established Member
Could it possibly be one which we had quite recently, with a different clue: Billericay? -- letters of "Billy", around those of "Erica"

Yes, you are correct, it is Billericay,and you reasoning is spot on as well.

Your turn.

Calthrop

Established Member
Thanks.

Tinkering a little with the more-than-one words of this station's name; one might see an allusion to a nation or conglomerate's stockpiled "mountain" of one particular foodstuff, being moved around.