• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Lealholm? ("Home" for types who are "leal" -- old word, cognate with "loyal", same meaning... people may seem to have the Esk Valley line a bit on the brain at present...)

devon_belle

All I can think of is that it could be an anagram of something along the lines of "o come all ye" [faithful]. I am stuck there, though.

Zamracene749

Oops.

Yes, I did. Thanks Dale and apologies to beermaddavep. Oakham is indeed the answer. The floor belongs to the joyful and triumphant davep.
No worries John and thanks Dale. I'm now singing the opening line in a southern accent 8-)
Anyway, here's the next one with a nod to the resident expert_

Coopers products maybe involving string support and spring

DaleCooper

Established Member
Correct. Like an exocet missile there DaleCooper! Mind, the last one I wouldn't have got without your carol reference so I'm happy to give up
the floor 8-)
Thank you.

Next clue:

Here you will find the leading characters of Titus Andronicus, Cymbeline & King Lear entertaining youngsters.