• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CTRL Bus Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

Ive got myself a top deck ticket for a Bus tour of section 2 of the CTRL on the 19th June. Only problem is it leaves at 10am from Gravesend.

Ive checked on TrainLine for potential journey times and it syas I could get a train from Slough at 7am, switch from Paddington to Charring Cross and be out to Gravesend by 9.15am (want some time to spare incase of delays and disruption).

Would that be correct timings? 20miles west of London, to at least 15miles east of London, going right through the centre, in 2h15m?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It sounds about the right time, after all, you can go 100 miles south on the Southern Region in 2hrs.

Julian G

Established Member
LucaZone said:
Ive got myself a top deck ticket for a Bus tour of section 2 of the CTRL on the 19th June. Only problem is it leaves at 10am from Gravesend.

Ive checked on TrainLine for potential journey times and it syas I could get a train from Slough at 7am, switch from Paddington to Charring Cross and be out to Gravesend by 9.15am (want some time to spare incase of delays and disruption).

Would that be correct timings? 20miles west of London, to at least 15miles east of London, going right through the centre, in 2h15m?
A bus tour on my birthday :D
I heard a Routemaster was going to be used, is this true?

LucaZone

Yep, and ive got a top deck seat :)

Although the usual clause applies - If a Routemaster is not available, a substitute double deck bus will operate, which will not be a route Master.

Doesnt bother me. So long as I can get some good shots (taking ALOT of camera disks) I dont care what bus it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.