• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbrian coast from Ilkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Mrs O and I fancy a day trip midweek up the Cumbrian Coast, via Carnforth to Carlisle, then back via Settle. There doesn't seem to be any one ranger type ticket that covers this, so presumably the best option depends on routing availability. Any advice?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I'm sure others will have better ideas, but how about the Cumbria Day Ranger together with an Ilkley-Skipton return?

I've looked at tickets such as Long Preston to St Bees and excessing the "via Carlisle" fare in one direction is still likely to cost more.

Last edited:

David57

Can you buy a Cumbrian day ranger at any station, or can you buy from the guard?

crehld

Established Member
Can you buy a Cumbrian day ranger at any station, or can you buy from the guard?

I have had no troubles getting one from the guard before, but then I board at an unstaffed station within the day ranger area. I don't see why your local staffed station (Ilkley?) shouldn't be able to sell you one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.