• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Current vacancies at Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Perhaps it's time for a Vacancies Sub-forum?
People are probably best off looking at RailChat for that kind of thing, as you have the current rail staff there to answer any questions you may have etc.

Guinness

Established Member
People are probably best off looking at RailChat for that kind of thing, as you have the current rail staff there to answer any questions you may have etc.

Good point, although RailUK's 'Rail Staff' membership has been rising recently.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Good point, although RailUK's 'Rail Staff' membership has been rising recently.

technically you could class me as a rail staff member, as I am allowed access in to all staff only areas (excluding lines during engineering) on a preserved line, and I have learnt a lot of stuff already :D

Guinness

Established Member
technically you could class me as a rail staff member, as I am allowed access in to all staff only areas (excluding lines during engineering) on a preserved line, and I have learnt a lot of stuff already :D
Glad to hear it's going well for you my GCR Northern friend!

If your on that basis then you could count me and many other forum regulars as Preserved Line Staff. However, if your getting a job on the Mainline perhaps been a Mainline Staff Member is more helpful!

P156KWJ

Established Member
Glad to hear it's going well for you my GCR Northern friend!

If your on that basis then you could count me and many other forum regulars as Preserved Line Staff. However, if your getting a job on the Mainline perhaps been a Mainline Staff Member is more helpful!

start building a bridge mate. We need the GCRN to connect to the GCR now, we are losing passengers bad!!! We were down about 200 on the xmas trains from last year, and BOTH our steamers are broken. :sad:

Guinness

Established Member
start building a bridge mate. We need the GCRN to connect to the GCR now, we are losing passengers bad!!! We were down about 200 on the xmas trains from last year, and BOTH our steamers are broken. :sad:

Will do once you give me £6m! ;)

driver9000

Established Member
Northern arent too bad a TOC to work for, Im happy trundling around in 14x & 15x DMUs. Drivers rates stated on the advert are a training wage and the first year PQA salary. Year 2 is £28.3k, Year 3 is £31k.

This link may help: http://www.aslef.org.uk/information/102222/102225/102387/nrail_fnw/

As the depot in question is Workington, the link heads to the FNW section of Northern.

If your serious about becoming a train driver, get an application form in ASAP - trainee drivers positions dont get advertised externally all that often. Good luck

Mintona

Established Member
Glad to hear Northern are good to work for, as I just had an interview with them, and with any luck will soon be working there!

driver9000

Established Member
Good luck Mintona!!

Blackpool North has been added to the list of trainee driver vacancies - gives a closing date of 14 March 2008.

Good luck to those applying.

adamp

If only I was older...i WOULD be in there by now!!!!
this takes the p*ss !!

Id love to work for Northern.

driver9000

Established Member
If only I was older...i WOULD be in there by now!!!!
this takes the p*ss !!

Id love to work for Northern.

Have you considered volunteering at a preserved railway?

Bide your time, you will get there in the end - I couldnt wait to turn 21 to drive trains, and I was lucky - now driving Northern trains here, there and everywhere!!

ps. and I wouldnt have it any other way!!

adamp

I have considered it, but I think ill get round to doing that some other time, im too busy these days.

Where are you based?
I have a few questions for you if youre with Northern ;)

driver9000

Established Member
I have considered it, but I think ill get round to doing that some other time, im too busy these days.

Where are you based?
I have a few questions for you if youre with Northern ;)

I am with Northern - pm me with any questions ;)

Newtonhall

Help/Info Needed.

I have an interview for a Train Drivers position at Blackpool North with Northern. As im coming out of the Airline industry into this one I was just wondering if any of the Northern Drivers could tell me what to expect on the Interview as mine is next Tuesday....

Cheers Guys

driver9000

Established Member
Help/Info Needed.

I have an interview for a Train Drivers position at Blackpool North with Northern. As im coming out of the Airline industry into this one I was just wondering if any of the Northern Drivers could tell me what to expect on the Interview as mine is next Tuesday....

Cheers Guys

Check your pm inbox ;)

Newtonhall

Hi,

Anyone else been for a Driver Assessment in Doncaster this week? If so how did you do

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.