• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Custom House DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taunton

Established Member
Custom House DLR has been closed for the whole of 2017, for works to tie it in with the adjacent Crossrail platforms. It still is described as "reopening late 2017".

Well, we (at 16 December) have two weeks to go. And looking at progress today, if they can have that all completed in the next two weeks I will eat my hat. The whole platform is still dug up and a building site. No change in the notices however.

But for the past year of closure, particularly at the beginning, there seem to have been months when nothing was being done at all. This seems to be a characteristic of current big closure projects, the Goblin is another.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wirewiper

It was originally going to reopen to DLR in "late December" so 8th January isn't too far out.

Apparently the Crossrail platforms already have TfL roundels in the Elizabeth Line colours (purple circle with a blue bar), the first examples to be publicly visible I believe.

theking

1400ish was the first train apparently was supposed to be earlier but cleaning and making it suitable for the public took longer than planned

Status
Not open for further replies.