• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer Host (Newbie post - advice appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KevinF

Well done. My response was your still on a reserve list.

I hope you get something soon Jaz! There is bound to be something really soon if they are interviewing at the end of the month, it seems to me like they are backlogging and bringing in people in sections.

Jazzy@1

I hope you get something soon Jaz! There is bound to be something really soon if they are interviewing at the end of the month, it seems to me like they are backlogging and bringing in people in sections.
Thank you, good luck and enjoy .

Kirsten

Sorry guys just jumping on a bit. I had my face to face interview for customer host in Plymouth 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. When I emailed last week they said my application was still active and I will find out if I am successful or not.

I'm just wondering how long people have waited to hear the outcome of their interviews. Or is there anyone else in the same boat as me?

Many thanks

Trainstrains

Those of you who have recently had face to face interviews, how did you find them?

Were the questions difficult?

Any tips?

PoppyPoodle

Just a quick update... still no news :( I've emailed the HR enquires address and had two generic responses saying I'm still in the pool at it can take some time - be patient. It's now three months and I'm beginning to panic... I really want this job. Has anyone else had to wait more than three months and is there anything I can do at this stage?

PoppyPoodle

Yeah this is what happened to me too! I along with 4 others were successful through the assessment day and then was offered an interview. I then had my interview and was told that if i was successful I would hear by the following monday afternoon. To my surprise I got a call sooner than that, and was told i had been successful in my interview. I was assured that places were being offered in a few weeks once the vacancies arise.
Surely they would not put you through all of this to finally then not offer you a position. I feel quite confident that they will be in touch, for both of our sake.
Hi Kevin - Just wanted to check - have you been offered a position yet? - I'm still waiting and getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach..

Daydr3am3r

Hi Kevin - Just wanted to check - have you been offered a position yet? - I'm still waiting and getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach..

Patience is a virtue. You’ve done all the hard work to get yourself into the talent pool.
GWR have invested time and money into you. Although it is not a guaranteed job offer if you are in the pool, relax, stay positive and the offer will come :)

Trainstrains

I've received my job offer and told I'll be starting at the end of August :)

Kevin, are you on the July or August Induction?

pops123

That’s fantastic. I am waiting for a start date. It’s driving me mad waiting. But for Swansea.

pops123

I had an email saying I was on a reserve list and once a job becomes available they will contact me. Hoping it is soon. Keeping my fingers crossed ☺️

Jazzy@1

I had an email saying I was on a reserve list and once a job becomes available they will contact me. Hoping it is soon. Keeping my fingers crossed ☺️
I had the same email, and waiting to start in Swansea too.

pops123

Let me know if you hear anything. I will keep you posted as well. Do you think it will be soon we hear?

KevinF

Hi there apologies for the delay, yes I have been offered a start date for the 29th july! It is a nervy wait but i'm sure your time will come

KevinF

I've received my job offer and told I'll be starting at the end of August :)

Kevin, are you on the July or August Induction?
Hi there mate, yeah i have a start date for the 29th july and have my medical this coming monday which i have to travel to swindon for.

Trainstrains

Hi there mate, yeah i have a start date for the 29th july and have my medical this coming monday which i have to travel to swindon for.

Brilliant!!
I have been to Swindon for my Medical, so that's the last thing all done and dusted :)
You will choose and try on your uniform straight after your medical too!

Shame I couldnt have got on to the July start, it would have been nice to see a familiar face from the Assesment day :)

KevinF

Brilliant!!
I have been to Swindon for my Medical, so that's the last thing all done and dusted :)
You will choose and try on your uniform straight after your medical too!

Shame I couldnt have got on to the July start, it would have been nice to see a familiar face from the Assesment day :)
Ahhh awesome man, strange that you had your medical before me, as my start date is also before yours! Nonetheless I cannot wait.
I heard the uniform is proper smart aswell, and a hell of a lot to order, is that correct?

Yeah it is a shame, i wonder how many people will be there!

Trainstrains

Ahhh awesome man, strange that you had your medical before me, as my start date is also before yours! Nonetheless I cannot wait.
I heard the uniform is proper smart aswell, and a hell of a lot to order, is that correct?

Yeah it is a shame, i wonder how many people will be there!

Yes the uniform is very smart and real good quality! You do get to choose a lot too, which is fab. I had a good mix and match of different bits :)

So all is done and dusted for me now, I am literally just waiting for my final/formal offer to officially hand my notice in at work!!

Can't wait :)

PoppyPoodle

Further update.... (got accepted into talent pool for for Customer Hosts in Penzance back in March) BUT still no news!!.. and now Penzance depot are advertising for customer hosts for the night riviera service. What phone number did people phone for recruitment (I've seen people say that they have called) as I keep getting a message saying leave a message or email. when I do this they tell me I'm still in the pool - I'm getting super nervous that things are taking so long??

Status
Not open for further replies.