• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer service assistant ATW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Res

Hi guys did anyone apply for this job?

Hi,

Yes, I've been invited to the assessment day next Tues. There seems to be lots of good advice and information on this forum that I'm going to read through.

Arriva were very quick to contact only a few days after the advert closing. My previous experience is of railway HR depts to be much slower.

Good luck to anyone else who has applied too.

Res

Jon1

Cool I will see you there. They were very quick in replying your right.

Good luck
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have you recieved the pack yet Res?

Jon1

Oooh hopefully mine will arrive soon. You had a Look at it? Anything in it that looks too challenging?

Res

Not sure whether it's worth giving HR a call Jon1 - my pack was posted last Fri and I got it the following day.

It all looks ok. Although I may have a different view after I've done the assessment centre!

Jon1

I gave them an email today and they attached it to an email so I could download it. Looks ok but I may have the same view as you.

senhelm

Hi to both of you, will see you on Tuesday too. I did this assessment last year and the entire group passed, so it's not too hard. But make sure you do the test papers, they really helped.

Jon1

Hi Senhelm, what is the whole process like what did you do last year?

senhelm

There was 10 of us meeting in Holyhead. We were going for either Bangor or Holyhead, or both. We had an introduction from Jonathon from recruitment and he talked a bit about the company and then he gave us the tests. They do go for about 15 minutes each, and you have to work fast. It is nealry impossibelt to complete one of them - despatch, I think - but you have to pass at a certain score. Once we had completed all the tests, Jonathon left the room for about 15 minutes to finish marking. He was going to call us all in individually, but he came and told as a group as we all passed. The interviews were held a week later in Chester and spread over 2 days.
Say hi to me on Tuesday. Woman, black dress, hair in bun. Wearing a red rose.
Joking about the rose :lol:

Res

Thanks for that Senhelm.
Apparently we will also have the enjoyment of an interview with someone from HR this time.
See you both Tuesday.

senhelm

Do you work for them now or you applying again? And will do :)

No, just applying again. I don't know if this applies to either of you, but there were 2 people on my last assessment who had already worked on the trains, for different companies. Saying that, one of those was very confident about his experience and he completed all the tests before anyone else....I know he didnt get the Bangor role, which went to a supermarket manager (who seemed very nice)

Jon1

There was, no word of amount of Number of positions either! Was ok they offered us the cleaners positions too though

senhelm

I was also in Group 1 - I was the woman at the top of the table that asked Jonathon 20 questions! I didnt opt for the cleaners job, not interested in that. I heard for someone that there are about 8 jobs going. Mind you, someone told me 1 in Chester, someone else told me 4 in Chester.
I think they are recruiting ahead of time, because by the time we have had interviews, handed in notices, and then done the 2 weeks training - we are looking at mid November to start.

Jon1

Stiff competition then
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone heard back?

Status
Not open for further replies.