• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer Support Advisor - Transport For Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdonwhite

Hi There - Was unsuccessful with Trainee Driver & Conductor roles for ATW but have been invited to a group exercise / interview with Transport for Wales as a Customer Support Advisor :). Does anyone on here have any advice on what to expect with the group exercise / interview? Really keen to succeed and get on board with TfW! Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mr Fox

I have attended an assessment day for a conductor vacancy with this TOC before. In the group exercise we were given an example of a situation a conductor could face and we had to work out how we would deal with the scenario effectively. The assessors were more keen on how we worked together than the actual result of our actions. Therefore you and the other candidates are best working together and supporting each other. Don't view it as a fight to the death for the role, consider that if you all work together it will benefit all and you could all be offered the job!

With the interview be prepared to answer lots of customer-service based questions and have examples backing up where you have demonstrated the necessary skills required for the role. Use the STAR technique to answer the questions where you can.

Also thoroughly research the company so you can show them why you wish to join this particular TOC.

Best of luck!

snowdonwhite

I have attended an assessment day for a conductor vacancy with this TOC before. In the group exercise we were given an example of a situation a conductor could face and we had to work out how we would deal with the scenario effectively. The assessors were more keen on how we worked together than the actual result of our actions. Therefore you and the other candidates are best working together and supporting each other. Don't view it as a fight to the death for the role, consider that if you all work together it will benefit all and you could all be offered the job!

With the interview be prepared to answer lots of customer-service based questions and have examples backing up where you have demonstrated the necessary skills required for the role. Use the STAR technique to answer the questions where you can.

Also thoroughly research the company so you can show them why you wish to join this particular TOC.

Best of luck!
Thanks Mr Fox - I did the conductor assessment day in Sept too....so can refer to the group task there. Just wondering whether Transport for Wales will ask similar interview questions as ATW did! I guess I will find out tomorrow :)

Mr Fox

The staff who interviewed me were all ex-ATW. I am unsure if the question sheets they were reading from were new or not.
I would imagine the questions being fairly similar anyway.

Best of luck tomorrow

aimmee

Hi there im
just wondering where the job was you applied for as i had a interview for csa two weeks ago for wrexham (i didnt do a group interview though?) ive had a email saying there still shortlisting im anxiously waiting for a update

snowdonwhite

Hi there im
just wondering where the job was you applied for as i had a interview for csa two weeks ago for wrexham (i didnt do a group interview though?) ive had a email saying there still shortlisting im anxiously waiting for a update
Hi there - I applied for Holyhead. Still waiting to hear back from them.....fingers still crossed! Whole day was quite relaxed,
The staff who interviewed me were all ex-ATW. I am unsure if the question sheets they were reading from were new or not.
I would imagine the questions being fairly similar anyway.

Best of luck tomorrow
Cheers - not heard back from them yet. Lot of recruiting going on so the HR team are quite busy......keeping my fingers crossed!

snowdonwhite

Hi there im
Applied for Holyhead - still waiting to hear back from them!

Manc-apollo

I had a csa interview 28/11/18 for Chester. Anyone heard back? Ive heard nothing since the interview but was told would hear back either way the friday after

GJL9916

Best of luck!

I did some scaat tests today from the OPC for a trainee conductor job as TfW, hopefully if I got passed that I will be invited to an assessment day in Chester on Tuesday! When you went, was it the group exercise and then an interview or where there more parts to it? Cheers

Mr Fox

I did some scaat tests today from the OPC for a trainee conductor job as TfW, hopefully if I got passed that I will be invited to an assessment day in Chester on Tuesday! When you went, was it the group exercise and then an interview or where there more parts to it? Cheers

It was:
1) Mini-SCAAT test (on paper)
2) Group exercise
3) Interview

Best of luck to you .

aimmee

Hi manc-appolo i had my interview 18/11 for wrexham and talent pool but haven’t heard ive been emailing recruitment last i heard they said “finialising these postions” and will be in touch, never waited this long before not sure what to think

Established Member
Hi manc-appolo i had my interview 18/11 for wrexham and talent pool but haven’t heard ive been emailing recruitment last i heard they said “finialising these postions” and will be in touch, never waited this long before not sure what to think
Railway recruitment is notoriously slow.

GJL9916

I managed to pass the SCAAT test but still wasn't offered a place at the assessment day unfortunately, I have been put in a talent pool though and if another vacancy comes up in my area in the next 6 months then I will go straight to assessment / interview without having to reapply so fingers crossed something comes up!

I must say having ' successful - talent pool' next to the vacancy in my applications does look good though!!

Mr Fox

Sorry to hear you weren't selected for the assessment day. From what I know they get a huge number of applications for this role so you have done very well to be in the talent pool.
TfW are in the process of rapid expansion so hopefully something will come your way over the next six months.
All the best.

GJL9916

Sorry to hear you weren't selected for the assessment day. From what I know they get a huge number of applications for this role so you have done very well to be in the talent pool.
TfW are in the process of rapid expansion so hopefully something will come your way over the next six months.
All the best.

Thanks Mr Fox, it's definitely not all bad news and gives me more time to be fully prepared so taking the positives! are you working for a TOC / FOC currently?

Mr Fox

Thanks Mr Fox, it's definitely not all bad news and gives me more time to be fully prepared so taking the positives! are you working for a TOC / FOC currently?
I start training as a conductor for TfW early next year.
You're doing the right thing staying positive. Sounds like you're on the right track with your application.

Kryten99999

Hi I've applied for the customer service advisor role within transport for Wales Cardiff and they said I am successful but ive been put in the talent pool what does this mean and does it saccutally mean I can expect an offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.